Chocolate elevates the enjoyment level of every cookie. These chocolate-rich cookies are not only knee-weakening delicious, they are quick to bake and will be a sweet-tooth joy for your gluten-free friends.
Makes 3 dozen
- 1-1/2 cups Dutch-processed cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 5 cups superfine granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 5 cups toasted walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup finely chopped dark chocolate
- 10 egg whites, at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. and line two baking sheets with silicone mats or parchment paper.
- In the bowl of a standup mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, combine cocoa, cinnamon, sugar, salt, walnuts and chocolate. Blend on low speed until combined.
- Lightly beat egg whites and vanilla together in a medium bowl. With food processor running on low, slowly pour egg whites into cocoa mixture. Turn up to medium speed and beat for two to three minutes or until mixture starts to thicken.
- Drop by the generous tablespoonful of cookie dough onto prepared baking sheets. Bake for 15 minutes, rotating baking sheets at seven minutes, or until cookies have spread and have a crackled appearance.
- Let cookies cool on the baking sheets for five minutes then transfer to parchment-lined wire racks to continue to cool.