1 1/2 cups of creamy peanut butter (or two cups of creamy peanut putter if you don’t have chunky)
1/2 cup of chunky peanut butter
2 cups fine brown sugar
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 pinch salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a medium bowl, stir peanut butter and sugar together until smooth. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, then stir in the baking soda, salt, and vanilla.
- Prepare your cookie sheets, I like to have four handy and cook two sheets at a time in the oven. Line your cookie sheets with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
- Roll dough into 1 inch balls and place them 2 inches apart onto the prepared cookie sheets.
- Press a criss-cross into the top using the back of a fork.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven.
- Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
Yields: 3 dozen